Technology is an essential part of any business today. The term “tech-power” implies the support provided by the technology in business operations, to improve both the effectiveness and performance of products or services offered by a business.
When you think about opening a coffee shop, you would need the right balance of technology to survive, in this digital age. The customers visit a café or coffee shop to refresh themselves and concurrently enjoy a moment of sitting in a relaxed spot. Cafes are mostly a wonderful haunt for friends where they can talk in a comfortable and undisturbed place. So using the right kind of technology with attention to the balance becomes a crucial deciding factor.
Let us understand the importance of technology from two perspectives – technology for café business needs and the must-have technology in a café.
- Online ordering is a significant factor in food outlets, coffee shops, and cafés. Besides, the digital menu boards reflecting menu detail with images are the main attraction for the customers and thus the needs of these businesses.
- Some tech features are not essential, but coffee shops and cafés must have these features in the ambiance of their business spot.
Right ways to tech-power startup café business
A startup café business can be pushed to greater heights with the right use of technology, or rather the right balance of technology. There are four ways to tech-power to create a correct balance of technology in the café’s ambiance.
- Mobile-enabled website – Searching online for a nearby café or coffee shop is a modern trend. A café’s website is thus crucial from this perspective. Most people looking for a nearby café or coffee shop do so on their Android or smartphones. Therefore, a café must have a mobile-enabled website, which will help a large number of potential customers to search for the café.
- Free Wi-Fi – Every customer entering into a café or coffee shop first looks for free Wi-Fi because he wants to spend extended time here with a concurrent sip of a beverage and working on a laptop. The presence of free Wi-Fi is a business booster for a café because more customers make frequent visits to a café with a free Wi-Fi facility; many customers hanging out for long hours to reorder coffee one or more times.
- Loyalty program – Regular reward programs for frequently visiting or online ordering customers are an excellent idea to boost daily sales. The rewards, such as accruing reward points or complimentary, discounted items along with a specific coffee, etc. are quite enchanting.
- In-Depth Business Analytics – A POS system functioning as a business analytic tool keeps track of happenings in the café through real-time data. It is quite essential for a profitable business by understanding the seasonal preferences of the customers.
It is worthwhile to remember that while too much technology might make a café uncomfortable, the presence of too little technology can potentially leave the business in the lurch. However, adopting the must-haves of modern technology in cafes ideally offer the right balance that is much sought-after.