A skylight is a very fascinating option when it comes to lighting up a dark space with natural light. When natural light gets into your kitchen or bathroom, the ambiance improves with positivity and brightness. However, skylights need to have shades because, without shades, your room can become really hot in the summers and cold during the bleak winters, thereby making your space uncomfortable.
Installing skylight shades for energy savings is another reason why you should consider these sustainable options; it clearly offsets the lighting cost of your space, during the daytime.
The south or west sloping roofs that have skylights can make your room very hot, while the skylights positioned thoughtfully in north sloping roofs allow soft and diffused light into your home.
In case you have skylights in the south or west-sloping roofs, there are ways you can control the amount of light or heat that will come inside. Blinds and shades will come to your rescue when it comes to making the most out of your beautiful skylights.
- You can use a blind or shades to enjoy the benefits of your skylight every day. The technique called comfort glazing is a standard way of restoring the natural heat in winters and dissipating the excess heat in summers. The insulation is such that it will help you keep your room comfortable throughout the year.
- Talking of Venetian blinds or mini-blinds, these will allow you to regulate the amount of light you want your room to have. The blinds are made of aluminum that makes them quite suitable for humid spaces such as the kitchen or bathrooms.
- Then comes the honeycomb or cellular blinds, which will not only help you save energy but also will light up your beautiful space adequately with diffused light. These blinds will not only keep your rooms cool but also will minimize the glare from television sets, digital screens, and more.
- Thinking of a simpler kind of shades or blinds? Then roller shades might be just perfect for you. You can opt for motorized skylight roller shades for a totally motorized skylight dressing solution. The broad assortment of fabrics, color options, and shading levels will blow your mind. These are flame retardant, light-filtering, and even black-out fabrics are available.
- Spring mounted shades can work pretty well when it comes to blocking out the natural light wholly. The fitting is crafted to perfection, and it slides to keep the light entirely away. You can easily open the shades whenever you feel the scarcity of natural light in your life.
Skylights add to the value of your home as these make your humble abode beautiful and fresh. Having total control over the skylights makes them so very convenient and an energy-efficient option to include in your everyday life.